Often ADHD symptoms are different in girls and boys. Boys generally display more hyperactive and oppositional behaviors while girls show more inattentive symptoms.
Fast Facts for Parents:
- Boys are almost 3 times more likely to be diagnosed with ADHD than girls
- The average diagnosis of boys is 7 years old
- Symptoms of ADHD generally appear at ages 3-5
- ADHD is not just a childhood disorder. Often girls can mask inattentive symptoms until adulthood when stress causes it to exacerbate.
- Girls often struggle more with inattentive type ADHD symptoms