It has long been part of the mission of Killebrew Psychological Services and Essential Touchstones to provide a Comprehensive Testing Center of Excellence for the residents of Ridgeland, MS, and the surrounding areas. After an initial intake session, we hand select a battery of tests from the following, based on the individual patient’s needs:
Gold-standard autism spectrum assessments, including:
- An age-appropriate play and/or activity-based test combined with interview questions, which is conducted with the patient (the Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule-Second Edition). This test is conducted by Dr. Salem, a licensed clinical psychologist, to evaluate communication skills, social interaction, and imaginative use of materials.
- A comprehensive clinical interview conducted with the patient’s parents (the Autism Spectrum Interview – Revised)
- Reliable and valid parent and teacher report measures
- In order to diagnose specific learning disorders and intellectual disabilities, a range of tests of intelligence and academic achievement may be used. The ideal tests are chosen based on the individual patient and requirements of schools.
- Computer-based tests for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
- The most up-to-date, valid, and reliable assessments of personality and symptoms.
- In-depth clinical interviews conducted or directly supervised by a licensed clinical psychologist to assess for specific diagnoses.
After testing, we develop a tailor-made report and sit down with each patient or family one-on-one for a feedback session. During these sessions we go over the measures given, the results, any diagnoses, and we talk through personalized recommendations and next steps for the patient or family. Call us today to take your first step toward success.